Accessibility Translation Skip to content

Claiming for Study Leave Expenses


The HEE Foundation Dentist handbook FD Handbook ( provides a wealth of information pertinent to your training time as a Foundation Dentist. 


There is a section specifically relating to the NHS BSA Compass system, which is the portal you will use to claim for your study-leave related expenses as a Foundation Dentist. Other payments such as salary and NHS pension scheme contributions can be found on your Lead Employer payslip accessed via ESR Self Service.


Visit the following site T & S Expenses to review the process for making a claim, more information and a guide of how to complete a claim can be found at:


All claims must be submitted on the  a FP84 Travel form and signed by your TPD, who will check all claims are valid. Click here to download the FT84 Travel Form.


The BSA Dental Compass Portal can be accessed at  Compass - Login Page. You must have been included in the National Performer List and have been given a performer number to be able to sign up for access to this system.


Dental Foundation Trainee Study Leave Expenses Image