Welcome to Lead Employer!
Lead Employer is your number one contact throughout your training with us. Based in the St. Helens and Knowsley Teaching Hospitals Trust, we employ just under 12,000 colleagues-in-training across six regions within the UK; The North West, West Midlands, East Midlands, East of England, Thames Valley and London and the South East.
What we do for you
As your employer, we support you from the point of application onwards. We liaise with your Trust and Health Education England on your behalf to ensure that the transition to the next step of your training runs as smoothly as possible.
We are an independent and reliable base for easily storing and transferring your employment details throughout your training. This means that you don't need to repeat your employment checks with each rotation.
Lead Employer facilitates your work contract between HEE - who oversee training progress, capability and health matters - and your Host Trust to ensure that you are supported in the best possible way. Your Host Trust will then provide your training, supervision and management in your new role.
We encompass several teams who provide a wide scope of support to all levels of medical staff.
- We empower our new starters to confidently begin the next step of their training by ensuring all aspects of your pre-employment checks are in place prior to your start date
- We are proud to facilitate the progress of both UK-based and international trainees
- We support all colleagues-in-training through any employment changes you may face such as parental leave or changes to working patterns
- We help you to achieve the best possible work-life balance for you, provided by our incredible Health, Work and Wellbeing Team
- We provide tools and advice to support you with any queries regarding pay and pensions
- We deliver up-to-date and targeted advice via telephone and live chat through our Helpdesk Team
- We help to build a successful relationship between you and your Trust
- We seek your opinions and experiences - this means that we are constantly listening out for ways to provide the best possible service for you!
We offer expert support and advice from Occupational Health, plus Pay and Conditions experts
We invest in your personal development through E-Learning and professional development systems
We use straightforward systems to process your travel and relocation expenses efficiently
We provide access to specialised HR support when it is needed the most, ie. grievance, bereavement support or sickness
We oversee a car leasing scheme to best support your travel needs
We provide access to salary sacrifice schemes
We support the Childcare Vouchers Scheme
We keep you updated with a total rewards scheme