We offer many different types of expenses that you are able to claim through Lead Employer. Please visit the following options to find out more about each expense and how you can easily send a request to us:
For a list of submission deadlines for expenses, please click here.
- Business Mileage and Expenses
E-Expenses can be accessed through a web based portal called Employee Online.
To claim Business Mileage and Business Expenses through the system, you will need to complete the following steps:
- Visit E-Expenses on Employee Online (please note - E-expenses and ESR are two separate systems)
- Complete a New User Form to set up your E-Expenses account and send to firstname.lastname@example.org. You will then receive a user name and temporary password via email.
- If you need to change your claim vehicle or base address, you will need to complete a Change of Vehicle or Base form.
- Approving managers can be given access to ensure they can approve claims made by their staff members - to do this, please complete a New Approver Authorisation Form.
- You can find a list of eligible expenses here in our guide
- Please also see the guidance for Approving Managers
For a video guide on how to navigate the E-Expenses system, please scroll down to the end of the page.
- Study Leave
You may be entitled to claim certain expenses as a part of taking study leave. As we administer this policy on behalf of Health Education England, please contact your relevant HEE area and speciality to find out more.
This can be found by scrolling to the end of the page
- Removal, Relocation and Excess Mileage Expenses
This is a policy administered by Lead Employer from Health Education England. Please visit our policies section for more information.
- GP Home to Base Expenses
GP Home to Base Expenses
Please note, this process is currently under review and guidance will be updated shortly.
A Video Guide on How to Claim Expenses
Below, we have created a video as a guide for users to claim expenses online. It is split into two videos for those accessing it via your dekstop or mobile phone.
HEE Contacts by Area
As some of our expenses policies are co-ordinated by Health Education England (HEE), such as study leave and excess travel and relocation, you may need to forward your queries to your relevant HEE contact. Please visit the following links for your contact by area;
Please visit Health Education North West
0161 268 9979
Please visit HEE East Midlands
0116 312 0671
Please visit HEE West Midlands
0121 695 2367
East of England
Please visit HEE East of England