We offer many different types of expenses that you are able to claim through Lead Employer. Please visit the following options to find out more about each expense and how you can easily send a request to us:
For a list of submission deadlines for expenses, please click here.
To view the Business Mileage Policy, please click here.
The new EASY expenses system is now live. From 1st August 2022, Lead Employer will move to a new e-Expenses platform with regards to claims for Business Travel expenses. All current users will have received an email to self-register and approving managers will have recevied an email regarding their account set up.
For details on how to self-register, please click here.
The roll-out of the new EASY Expenses System has replaced the Allocate e-Expenses system and comes with a range of benefits allowing for a better user experience, these include:
- EASY to use and accessible across a range of devices
- A mobile app that enables you to enter claim details and events take a photo of receipts and upload them directly to your claim
- Where appropriate, the ability to enter the postcodes of places visited with the system utilising up-to-date navigation software to calculate mileage due
- Set your own favourite places that you go to regularly to save time when making a claim
- Journeys can be extended and return trips added without fresh input
- Self-Service - allowing you to create your own user account and manage any password resets without having to call the Expenses Helpdesk for support
- How do I register with the new EASY system?
Follow the link to view guidance on how to register. Please note, you will only be able to do this from 1st August.
- How do I add my car or vehicle details on to the system?
Please follow the link to view the article, as the system is self service and will be able to add this on yourself. For salary sacrifice/fleet solution cars, you will still need to complete a form and send to the e-expenses helpdesk.
- I am entitled to claim excess mileage, can this be claimed through the new system?
Yes. All excess mileage can now be claimed on the system. Please note, that if this is the only expense you are claiming, you will not need to upload your insurance certificate as this is only required when claiming for business mileage.
- Is there an app I can use to submit?
Yes, you can download the EASY companion app that was launched on 1st August. The link to guidance to registering to the mobile help can be found here.
- Can I access Allocate after 1st August?
No. From the 1st August, access will be removed, so is your responsibility to ensure all claims are submitted on the current system before the deadline.
Please note: To get in touch for any further queries you may have regarding e-Expenses, call 0151 676 5323 or email Efirstname.lastname@example.org.
You may be entitled to claim certain expenses as a part of taking study leave. As we administer this policy on behalf of Health Education England, please contact your relevant HEE area and speciality to find out more.
This can be found by scrolling to the end of the page
Removal, Relocation and Excess Mileage Expenses
This is a policy administered by Lead Employer from Health Education England. Please visit our policies section for more information.
GP Home to Base Expenses
Schedule 11 para 16 within the T&Cs states:
Doctors working in a GP practice setting who are required to use their own vehicle on the expectation that home visits may be required to be undertaken shall be reimbursed for the cost of mileage from home to principal place of work, and any assoicated allowances.
NHS Employers published their guidance on 27th November 2020.
Please see below some useful information including guidance for trainee colleagues and Practice Managers:
- Guidance for Practice Managers
- Guidance for Current Colleagues
- Guidance for Leavers
HEE Contacts by Area
As some of our expenses policies are co-ordinated by Health Education England (HEE), such as study leave and excess travel and relocation, you may need to forward your queries to your relevant HEE contact. Please visit the following links for your contact by area;
Please visit Health Education North West
0161 268 9979
Please visit HEE East Midlands
0116 312 0671
Please visit HEE West Midlands
0121 695 2367
East of England
Please visit HEE East of England